Do you have a special senior in your life? COVID-19 is likely weighing heavily on your heart and mind.
Seniors need to be even more diligent about social distancing than the rest of the population. These safety protocols can make it difficult to check in on your loved one while keeping yourself safe as well.
Many families are questioning if moving to a senior living community is the right choice for them. For many people, it is still the safest option. Our communities have enhanced safety measures and procedures in place and a senior living community can make more sense than living alone and not having access to meals, company and care.
Senior Living communities can also provide a needed break for those who are experiencing caregiver stress and burnout. If you are caring for someone living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia we can also do short term respite stays.
Good Candidates Include:
- Seniors who need regular assistance with the activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, and dressing
- Seniors who live alone and have a medical condition that may require urgent attention
- Seniors who have dementia, Alzheimer’s, or another form of memory impairment
- Seniors living with any family members who are unable to social distance
- Seniors who live in a home with other people who are not isolating, and the senior does not have their own bedroom and/or bathroom where they can isolate
- Seniors who are having to leave their homes themselves to shop for essentials
- Seniors who are not able to cook for themselves and are not receiving 3 meals a day due to closure of agencies/services
- Seniors who need assistance with medication management or med-planner refills
Please call Marnie at 563-539-4528 for more information and to schedule a virtual tour!
Reasons Why People Move to Garden View Place
- “We did not want to be a burden to our children. Whenever they come over we are always putting them to work.”
- “It was getting very difficult to maintain our home.”
- “I wanted peace of mind for myself as well as my children.”
- “It was getting hard for me to stand at the stove or sink for very long.”
- “We didn’t want to put off moving until we could no longer do anything for ourselves and possibly end up in a nursing home.”
- “We wanted to move where we would have a fun and safe environment.”
- “It isn’t very easy to drive anymore, and my kids worry about me driving in bad weather.”
- “I didn’t like being alone. Now I’m among friends and have many things to do.”
- “We had to hire people to cut our grass and shovel our driveway.”
- “I didn’t want to have to go up and down stairs any longer and here it is just one level.”
- “I was tired of cooking and housekeeping.”
- “I help my wife with getting in and out of the shower and dressing, it is nice to have someone to assist with that since it is getting hard on me.”
Try Before You Buy!
Finding a place for your loved one is sometimes exhausting and overwhelming. Garden View Place Retirement Community offers a “Try before You Buy” program where we invite your loved for a three-day stay for FREE! What better way to determine if Garden View Place Retirement Community is right for your loved one than to have them stay with us FREE for three days? Try our meals, activities, personal services and get to know our residents. We’d love to have you!
Why not let someone else do your housekeeping, cooking and yard work?
Our friendly and caring staff is here to make life a little easier and a lot more exciting! We have studio, one and two bedroom apartments, with kitchen/kitchenette, refrigerator, private bath and beautiful views. We have created a comfortable neighborhood that feels like home with everything you need just down the hall!
- Three home cooked meals served restaurant-style daily
- All utilities paid (excluding phone)
- Basic cable and Wi-Fi
- Housekeeping and personal laundry services
- Personal emergency call system
- Registered Nurse available 24 hours a day
- Caring staff in the building round the clock
- Social and recreational activities daily
- Therapy room and wellness programs
- Walk-in showers with grab bars and built-in seat
- Comfortable and home like gathering rooms
- Reading room/TV lounge
- On-site beauty and barber salon
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Individual climate control in each apartment
- Window blinds
- Snacks and refreshments always available
- Indoor personal mailboxes
- Secure building
- Valet parking/Garages ($40/month)
- Scheduled transportation
- Professionally Managed by Senior Housing Management
- *No buy in, monthly maintenance fees or dues. No lease, just month-to-month rentals.
Garden View Place is certified by the state of Iowa. That means we are able to provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living. Some residents my find they do not require any assistance, others may want medication management, assistance with dressing, bathing, hygiene or ambulation. Our unique program allows us to bill for ONLY the services the resident needs. Prior to move in, our Health Care Coordinator will complete an assessment with each resident to identify what services are needed. This will allow us to create an Individualized Service Plan.