The Assistant Cook delivers Red Carpet Treatment to Residents, Visitors and Team Members by assisting in the operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, and related storage spaces. This position will also substitute for the Culinary Service Coordinator when that person is not on site and have the overall responsibility for operating the Culinary Service Department in a quality manner as specified in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Hours may vary from 6:00AM – 2:30 PM or 10:00 AM – 6 PM or as scheduled by the Culinary Service Coordinator and every other weekend
- Prepare food and assist serving in the dining room.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean kitchen and dining room.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Use personal protective equipment, as required.
- Use proper body mechanics for lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Culinary Service Coordinator.
- Maintain sanitation in all areas.
- Fill in, as needed or requested.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Respond promptly to the Emergency Call System and take appropriate action.
- Read the Communication Log daily.
- Share ideas and comments you feel would benefit the Community.
- Fill in when short staffed.
Download the full job description HERE