The Resident Care Partner is a non-professional employee trained to provide personal care and related services to residents in the community according to documented, individualized service and care plans. He/she functions under the Healthcare Coordinator. May be a Certified Nurse’s Aide but this is not required.
- Obtains vital signs, records and notifies the supervising nurse of deviations per Individual Service Plan (ISP) as per resident’s tasks on POC or EMAR orders.
- May provide assistance with the following:
- Personal hygiene (bathing, grooming, hair care, shaving, skin care)
- Change bed linens and make bed
- Toileting and Incontinent Care
- Nutritional and fluid intake
- Ambulation and transfers
- Medication reminders
- Visual checks on residents as assigned
- Laundry and housekeeping tasks
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Follows the resident’s ISP as directed. Documents tasks in POC and timely medication administration in EMAR.
- Communicates with the appropriate supervisor about changes in the resident’s status and/or the home situation
- Utilizes standard precautions and infection control procedures
- Follows written instructions and requests assistance and further instructions with new or unfamiliar situations.
Download the full job description HERE